September 26, 2009
Five tips to effectively schedule your content.
In order to get traffic on your site you need content. It's that simple the more content you have the longer visitors stay at your site and the more free search engine visitors you receive. So should you just find out what content your visitors like and publish it? No!
Try to get as much content as you can, then schedule it. PHPNuke and other CMSes offer you an option to "program" a story to appear in the future. So it doesn't matter when you write it, it matters when you publish it.
Here are five tips on how to schedule your articles most effectively:
* Seasonal If you have articles that is more effective in a season or near a holiday. Then schedule it around that landmark so it will be more pertinent to visitors.
* Correspond it to your site events- if your site is launching a new service or product keep articles about the product to coincide with your launch.
* Maintain a consistent schedule- If you adopt a frequent schedule then your visitors will visit you more often. Google likes this to and they will send their FreshBot to visit your site often if you have consistently new content. The more frequently you get visited the more free search engine visitors you'll cultivate- especially for timely topics.
* Don't overload on one topic Schedule your articles so that you do not display too many stories about the same topic in one period. While some of your visitors may love it, other may not be interested in that topic and may decide not to come back.
* Tease your visitors. Show your visitors what's coming in the future so they are encouraged to come back. For example MetOpen offers an upcoming articles section so visitors can see what we are offering in the future. Users of PHPNuke can download MetOpen's free Met Future Articles module.
Copyright c 2004 Heshy Shayovitz. All Rights Reserved. Permission to reprint this article is granted as long as all text above this line is included in its entirety. We would also appreciate your notifying us when you reprint it: please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Author
Heshy Shayovitz is president of Metropolitan Computer Solutions- a computer consulting firm specializing in giving small business a big business presence on the internet.